This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Weird launch Cygwin terminal bash shell error
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 18:34:26 -0500
- Subject: Re: Weird launch Cygwin terminal bash shell error
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2613806 dot 405479 dot 1392850338973 dot JavaMail dot root at vznit170172> <5305364F dot 6020102 at verizon dot net> <530539E8 dot 60003 at cygwin dot com> <53053B44 dot 1020407 at verizon dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 2/19/2014 6:16 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
On 02/19/2014 06:10 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
On 2/19/2014 5:55 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
Running latest cygwin.
Does anyone recognize this error?
/etc/profile: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable 0 [main] bash 2520 child_info_fork::abort
C:\cygwin\bin\cygiconv-2.dll: loaded to different address: (parent 0x490000) != child(0x5A0000)
Every once in a while I am getting this error when launching a Cygwin terminal.
So why did this just start happening after I ran Setup again a couple days ago?
There can be many reasons.
setup*.exe now does a rebase with each install but things like adding
packages in subsequent runs can still cause conflicts. The simplest
thing to do when you see a fork-related complaint is to try rebasing. If
you still see the problem after a simple rebaseall, delete the database at
/etc/rebase.db* and try rebaseall again.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple