RE: using spawn functions to avoid fork() errors

> On 2/5/2014 7:07 AM, Steven Bardwell wrote:
> > I have no problem doing some recoding of my application to reliably
solve
> my
> > issues with fork() -- can you all
> > point me in the direction of the 'spawn family of calls'?
>
> See spawn.cc ->
> <http://cygwin.com/cgi-
> bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygwin/spawn.cc?rev=1.353&content-
> type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=src>
>

> --
> Larry

Larry - thanks for the link to the source for the spawn() APIs.  It works
perfectly on my 32-bit install (where, as it happens, the fork() issue
never shows up either).

However, on my 64-bit install, the spawnv() call is returning with an
error -- 'No such file or  directory' -- when I try to spawn /bin/sh.
I have attached the output from 'strace' on this process. If you look at
line 602, I think you can see where the exception gets generated. Can
you see what is going on? I tried to create a simple test program that
shows the problem, but (so far) they all work. Thanks.

Steve