This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Win 7 claims setup-x86_64.exe doesn't work any more - but it does
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 09:34:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: Win 7 claims setup-x86_64.exe doesn't work any more - but it does
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAM9pMnPgWifiuFyxgt=hPt7m-eK4CNMy9ZCAGYreuGrE1fF-Aw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131128130910 dot GI2449 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20131129054807 dot GW7004 at len-t420>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 06:48:07AM +0100, Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff wrote:
>Corinna Vinschen [2013-11-28 14:09 +0100] :
>>On Nov 28 10:24, Robert Klemme wrote:
>>> since the last update of my cygwin 64 installer during the execution
>>> I get a Windows pop up indicating that the program does not work
>>> any more. Funny thing is: it does. I just click "cancel" and the
>>> installation proceeds normally. It even happens if I start the
>>> program and click cancel on the first screen. Is anybody else
>>> experiencing the same? Version is 2.831.
>>Just tried it on a W7-64 machine and I can't reproduce this. Maybe a
>>virus scanner is interfering?
>I just want to mention that I can reproduce this behaviour using the x86
>setup.exe . Starting the setup.exe blaims the program does not work any
>more. But I can close this dialog and continue installing cygwin
>packages without any problems.
>I didn't change my system at all, just installed the new version of
>cygwin's setup.exe . If you tell me how, I'd debug this.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple