This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Emacs-w32/X11 doesn't echo periods when typing in password for TRAMP
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:39:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: Emacs-w32/X11 doesn't echo periods when typing in password for TRAMP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52940078 dot 90302 at gmail dot com>
On 11/25/2013 8:59 PM, SDS wrote:
When I'm prompted for a password while accessing a remote directory
using TRAMP in Emacs, sometimes the password isn't hidden (i.e. periods
aren't echoed in the minibuffer, but the actual password is echoed
The good news is that the bug happens predictably. The instructions for
reproducing the bug are below. It works for both emacs-X11 and
emacs-w32, both run with the -q flag. However, the bug disappears if run
with the -Q flag.
I can't reproduce the problem. The fact that it occurs with -q but not
-Q suggests that the problem has something to do with your site
initialization. (-Q forces --no-site-file and --no-site-lisp.) I
suggest that you look in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp to see if something
there could be causing the problem.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple