This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
CVS version difference, 32-bit vs 64-bit
- From: Mark Hadfield <Mark dot Hadfield at niwa dot co dot nz>
- To: Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 03:11:57 +0000
- Subject: CVS version difference, 32-bit vs 64-bit
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On 32-bit Cygwin the CVS package is at version 1.12.13 whereas on 64-bit Cygwin it is at 1.11.23. The latter can handle proxy servers whereas the former cannot, so I would prefer 1.12.13 on both.
I note that 1.11.23 (the last stable release) is quite a lot *newer* than 1.12.13 (the last feature release), see:
So I can see there could be different views about which is best to distribute for Cygwin, however the proxy server consideration trumps everything else for me.
I managed to build 1.12.13 on 64-bit Cygwin from source once I had replaced the contents of build-aux/config.guess with the text at this URL:
Please consider the environment before printing this email.
NIWA is the trading name of the National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research Ltd.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple