This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygcheck -svc segfaults on Windows 8.1 with cygwin64
- From: Csaba Raduly <rcsaba at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin list <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 09:59:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygcheck -svc segfaults on Windows 8.1 with cygwin64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1384839303 dot 14356 dot YahooMailNeo at web125203 dot mail dot ne1 dot yahoo dot com> <20131119100343 dot GA27525 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <528B93E6 dot 3030802 at etr-usa dot com> <20131119171330 dot GF2936 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <528BAC3D dot 9070506 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm> <20131119190343 dot GG2936 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <528BBA1A dot 2080209 at cygwin dot com> <20131119202958 dot GH2936 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <0C723FEB5B4E5642B25B451BA57E273041FDF178 at S1P5DAG3C dot EXCHPROD dot USA dot NET>
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Jim Garrison wrote:
>> On Nov 19 14:20, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>> I found what happened:
> Hmm... from the quoted link:
> We have made some significant changes in how the GetVersion(Ex) APIs
> work in Windows 8.1 due to undesirable customer behaviors resulting from how
> the GetVersion(Ex) APIs have been used in the past.
> Pesky customers won't behave the way we want them to... (sinister music)
This is why we can't have nice things.
Sounds like a case of throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
GCS a+ e++ d- C++ ULS$ L+$ !E- W++ P+++$ w++$ tv+ b++ DI D++ 5++
The Tao of math: The numbers you can count are not the real numbers.
Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts.
"Ok, it boots. Which means it must be bug-free and perfect. " -- Linus Torvalds
"People disagree with me. I just ignore them." -- Linus Torvalds
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple