This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs-w32 24.3-7 aborts frequently using TRAMP
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 09:21:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: emacs-w32 24.3-7 aborts frequently using TRAMP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAsS1YKpt8FZ+gfkv7iXxLaLkry5-Ohbq_xa4-fQEaNF7YvLfA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 11/17/2013 7:43 PM, SDS wrote:
Emacs-w32 aborts about once/twice a day when using SSH with TRAMP. I
rarely use Emacs without TRAMP, so I'm not sure whether this issue is
really related to TRAMP. The abort doesn't appear to be caused by
direct user input, as I've seen background sessions that I haven't
touched for several hours suddenly abort.
Can you do some experimentation to try to narrow this down? For example:
* Is it related to Tramp or not?
* Does the abort still occur if you start emacs with "emacs -Q"?
* Is the problem specific to emacs-w32 or does it happen with emacs-nox
and emacs-X11 also?
* Is there a minimal sequence of steps that will eventually lead to an
abort? Is starting up Tramp and then leaving emacs idle sufficient?
* Have you checked http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.bloda ?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple