This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: suggestion for Cygwin FAQ 2.19 "How do I uninstall all of Cygwin?"
- From: Tom Schutter <t dot schutter at comcast dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 14:20:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: suggestion for Cygwin FAQ 2.19 "How do I uninstall all of Cygwin?"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131105164118 dot GA27207 at pixel dot schutter dot home> <20131106125514 dot GB2611 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20131112141813 dot GA9133 at pixel dot schutter dot home> <20131112144020 dot GE427 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/winsup/doc/faq-setup.xml,v
retrieving revision 1.30
diff -u -r1.30 faq-setup.xml
--- faq-setup.xml 5 Jun 2013 07:57:39 -0000 1.30
+++ faq-setup.xml 12 Nov 2013 19:34:19 -0000
@@ -473,6 +473,15 @@
<ulink url="http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mount" />.
+<listitem><para>If you installed <literal>cyglsa.dll</literal> by running the shell
+script <literal>/usr/bin/cyglsa-config</literal> as described in
+<ulink url="http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html" />, then you need to configure
+Windows to stop using the LSA authentication package. You do so by editing the registry
+back to it's original value of <literal>msv1_0</literal>, and then rebooting.
<listitem><para>Delete the Cygwin root folder and all subfolders. If you get an error
that an object is in use, then ensure that you've stopped all services and
closed all Cygwin programs. If you get a 'Permission Denied' error then you
On Tue 2013-11-12 15:40, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> On Nov 12 07:18, Tom Schutter wrote:
> > I sent this email to the patches list (which I am subscribed to), but it
> > doesn't appear to have gotten there. At least it does not appear in the
> > archive.
> I don't know why this occured, but it doesn't matter for this patch.
> Can you please resend it as unified diff `diff -u', though? From the
> below "normal"-style patch it's not clear where exactly the new listitem
> was supposed to go, especially because the line numbers don't match
> after my faq-setup.xml changes from yesterday :}
> Thanks a lot,
> Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
> Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> Red Hat
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple