This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin exe magic does not understand .com extension?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: All <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 02:52:44 +0400
- Subject: Cygwin exe magic does not understand .com extension?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
mode.com modemui.dll modex.dll
bash: mode: command not found
Now, I see two issues.
First, it is that it see .dll files as executables. Which is true in essence,
but rather suspicious, as .dll files are normally not directly executable.
Would really like an explanation for this behavior.
Second, is that it actually see mode.com, but unable to execute it.
$ set | grep PATHEXT
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 05.11.2013, <02:48>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple