This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Building a snapshot ("Not an ELF file" error)
- From: marco atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 19:12:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: Building a snapshot ("Not an ELF file" error)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5F8AAC04F9616747BC4CC0E803D5907D0C40C8EC at MLBXv04 dot nih dot gov>
Il 11/4/2013 6:13 PM, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] ha scritto:
I'm using some recent (not the latest, though) CYGWIN release,
and trying to build a CYGWIN snapshot (for the first time)...
When I deployed the snapshot source, ran configure, then make, I saw this:
checking for .preinit_array/.init_array/.fini_array support... readelf: Error: Not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start
Does not look "good" to me, but other than the message, it does not
seem to cause any ill side-effects, either (just as yet, at least).
it could be a side effect of the platform used to build the snapshot.
Usually it is cross-build from Linux and not built on cygwin
On my build from CVS source on cygwin I see:
checking for .preinit_array/.init_array/.fini_array support... (cached) no
Is there something to worry about? Like I said, I'm breaking new
grounds to me, and I am not familiar with any (known) peculiarities...
I presume no as the checking say "no" as on mine
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple