This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Building a snapshot ("Not an ELF file" error)
- From: "Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <lavr at ncbi dot nlm dot nih dot gov>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 17:13:12 +0000
- Subject: Building a snapshot ("Not an ELF file" error)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm using some recent (not the latest, though) CYGWIN release,
and trying to build a CYGWIN snapshot (for the first time)...
When I deployed the snapshot source, ran configure, then make, I saw this:
checking for .preinit_array/.init_array/.fini_array support... readelf: Error: Not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start
Does not look "good" to me, but other than the message, it does not
seem to cause any ill side-effects, either (just as yet, at least).
Is there something to worry about? Like I said, I'm breaking new
grounds to me, and I am not familiar with any (known) peculiarities...
$ which readelf
$ file /usr/bin/readelf
/usr/bin/readelf: PE32 executable (console) Intel 80386 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple