This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How about a 64-bit installer that doesn't require UAC?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 10:59:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: How about a 64-bit installer that doesn't require UAC?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <527563E7 dot 70508 at brazier dot com> <832145579 dot 20131103022843 at mtu-net dot ru> <5276A05B dot 8010504 at brazier dot com> <20131104115343 dot GC2731 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 12:53:43PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Nov 3 14:13, Bill Welch wrote:
>> My apologies for the snark. The list archive ends at the same
>> message as the top of the second page of the nabble rendering and I
>> didn't immediately see the additional messages in nabble that
>> include a workaround.
>Setup should work for admins in the first place, without having to
>remember explicit elevating every time. To fix this for the 64 bit
>version, the best solution is not just to remove the "require admin"
>manifest. Instead, there's a patch in the loop which allows setup to
>elevate itself. It's just not ready for prime time yet.
So, probably the Thursday after next, cat-dependent?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple