This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How about a 64-bit installer that doesn't require UAC?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: All <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 03:01:52 +0400
- Subject: Re: How about a 64-bit installer that doesn't require UAC?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <527563E7 dot 70508 at brazier dot com> <832145579 dot 20131103022843 at mtu-net dot ru>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
> The real solution would be a tool that run in postinstall scripts and can
> prompt user for privilege elevation, but noone had time or inclination to
> write one. Yet.
This got me to think...
An alternation of env command with appropriate manifest would be sufficient.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 03.11.2013, <02:50>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple