This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How about a 64-bit installer that doesn't require UAC?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Bill Welch <bill at brazier dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 02:28:43 +0400
- Subject: Re: How about a 64-bit installer that doesn't require UAC?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <527563E7 dot 70508 at brazier dot com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Bill Welch!
> Yes, I could try to change the application manifest myself, but that
> seems esoteric and I haven't been able to find any GPL tool.
I suggest you use search before posting. This has been discussed already.
The real solution would be a tool that run in postinstall scripts and can
prompt user for privilege elevation, but noone had time or inclination to
write one. Yet.
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 03.11.2013, <02:26>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple