This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: GNU Make 4.0.1 ??? infinite loop on startup
- From: Rolf Campbell <rolf dot campbell at solacesystems dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 12:36:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: GNU Make 4.0.1 ??? infinite loop on startup
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPHLbgMa-OPFgF=YHRfWLqPSQDd-CZ4r2CW9N9N7ZAGqTRZPBw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131027185108 dot GA1315 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
On 2013-10-27 14:51, Christopher Faylor wrote:
I downloaded the source code for the above and ran into the problem
pretty quickly. make was allocating an ever-increasing amount of memory
due to a problem with the processing of eight bit characters with the
high-bit set. That caused the character to be interpreted as negative
and that caused negative indexing off an array.
The upcoming make-4.0-2 release should fix this problem.
Was this a problem with the upstream source? Or just a problem with the
cygwin build of it?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple