This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
gcc-4.8.2-1: /bin/gcc fails
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 23:23:31 -0700
- Subject: gcc-4.8.2-1: /bin/gcc fails
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
With gcc-4.8.2-1, the following fails:
% touch /tmp/t.c
% /bin/gcc -c /tmp/t.c
gcc: error: spawn: No such file or directory
This works correctly if gcc is invoked as "gcc" or "/usr/bin/gcc".
It also works correctly with 4.8.1.
It appears this is due to a change from /usr/lib to /usr/libexec.
/bin/gcc attempts to find cc1 under "/bin/../libexec/...". In 4.8.1,
this was "/bin/../lib/...", which works because /lib is mapped to
/usr/lib by Cygwin. /usr/bin/gcc uses "/usr/bin/../libexec" which
also works fine.
I can work around the problem as follows:
% ln -s /libexec /usr/libexec
David Rothenberger ---- firstname.lastname@example.org
"I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid"
-- the artificial person, from _Aliens_
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple