This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gcc4-core packaging bug
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 21:44:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: gcc4-core packaging bug
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20131101T162118-728 at post dot gmane dot org> <1551998397 dot 20131102003400 at mtu-net dot ru>
Andrey Repin writes:
>> The package gcc4-core provides a compatibility symlink for programs that
>> expect the old gcc naming scheme (like Perl). The link however is just
>> "gcc4", while Devel::CheckLib for instance looks for "gcc4.exe".
> Report that to the maintainer of Devel::CheckLib
> It SHOULD NOT check for .exe suffix under cygwin.
Yes it should, since it does not need to know about the .exe magic
Cygwin performs. Besides, it gets that information from %Config, which
in turn comes from Cygwin's own Perl. Once the compatibility link is
named gcc-4.exe, the .exe magic ensures that both checking for an
executable named gcc-4 and gcc-4.exe will succeed, so that's the right
thing to do and not patching whatever number of Perl modules and/or
other build scripts.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple