This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cannot run setup64.exe without admin privileges (even if renamed foo.exe)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:05:43 -0400
- Subject: Re: cannot run setup64.exe without admin privileges (even if renamed foo.exe)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPw2sphgi3r6U=ZvUj7ywS1JYOgPY2f4spuDW8Frff5gUCsrtQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130918174034 dot GB2351 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAPw2spi2cQMRid83Zg53d3QvaA9J=2=kBXet_0SHnZtOxmwjDg at mail dot gmail dot com> <5239EC4C dot 7060904 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm> <CAPw2sph9GFaR_PLsvfWj-1FR0G0qLuaPAGnqN4RWqJEitdE8tA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAPw2sph0tFg_5g_Tt1M4gPcRoORmv-YeEPzSGto-MnguFwxBcA at mail dot gmail dot com> <5242F7FC dot 8020003 at cygwin dot com> <CAPw2sph5vs9+_H8AYeNgcLyitRcVG9f_XEm+8Zc2edfAqKCVTA at mail dot gmail dot com> <5243064C dot 50004 at cygwin dot com> <6CF2FC1279D0844C9357664DC5A08BA217707C at MLBXV06 dot nih dot gov>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 04:59:57PM +0000, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:
>Does setup for 64 bit cygwin need to be 64 bit? Might all this
>be avoided if setup-x86_64.exe were itself 32 bit application?
I lost that argument. Apparently some 64-bit systems can't run 32-bit
applications. I wanted to just have one setup with a check box
determining which version to install. That idea was vehemently
However, this should work (I haven't tried lately):
Assuming you aren't part of the .001% who can't run x86 executables.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple