This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: What is the name of the pdftk package (setup-x86_64)
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Frédéric Bron <frederic dot bron at m4x dot org>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:52:50 +0400
- Subject: Re: What is the name of the pdftk package (setup-x86_64)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPw2sph8oJH7FBdiJN2ujMO=b36GA+avqwvno0mFb9NXbwy1DQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <DUB122-W30089CD91B41749BC88184CE2D0 at phx dot gbl> <CAPw2spjLrKBYHatWHu_F1LeutOq7iPGEeh+ubv0tcoXcLv9Sbw at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Frédéric Bron!
>>> I cannot find pdftk in setup on x86_64.
>> Not yet available for 64 bits
> Oh, I see. Is it then recommended to install cygwin 32bits on a 64bits
> windows? Is cygwin 64 bits still considered 'experimental'?
You're confusing the Cygwin itself with package availability.
Cygwin itself is API compatibility layer. Simplifying for clarity, it is
cygwin1.dll, and that's all.
Packages are provided for user convenience by a lot of people around the
globe, independently from Cygwin maintainers.
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 23.09.2013, <18:50>
Sorry for my terrible english...