This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Emacs doesn't start from icon after update to 1.7.25
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 21:59:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: Emacs doesn't start from icon after update to 1.7.25
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <B8D164BED956C5439875951895CB4B22114498DA at WABOTH9MSGUSR8C dot ITServices dot sbc dot com>
On 9/20/2013 7:26 PM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
Today I updated 1.7.25. I was a handful of minor releases behind at the time.
After the update, I can't start Emacs from the icon anymore. The shortcut command I have for it is the following:
C:\Cygwin\bin\run.exe -p /usr/bin bash -l -i -c "emacs -display 127.0.0.1:0.0 --debug-init"
I don't think this has anything to do with emacs. There have been
several reports of problems with run-1.3.0-1. Try downgrading to the
previous version of run, or switch to run2.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple