This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Emacs doesn't start from icon after update to 1.7.25
- From: "KARR, DAVID" <dk068x at att dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 23:26:07 +0000
- Subject: Emacs doesn't start from icon after update to 1.7.25
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Today I updated 1.7.25. I was a handful of minor releases behind at the time.
After the update, I can't start Emacs from the icon anymore. The shortcut command I have for it is the following:
C:\Cygwin\bin\run.exe -p /usr/bin bash -l -i -c "emacs -display 127.0.0.1:0.0 --debug-init"
When I run this, I see a window flash and disappear very quickly, and that's all I see. I can't find any meaningful log information.
If I instead open up rxvt and execute "emacs", it starts up fine.
I did check the FAQ before writing this, but I didn't see anything obvious.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple