This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
/dev/random does not block, emits poor entropy
- From: starlight dot 2013z3 at binnacle dot cx
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:02:41 -0400
- Subject: /dev/random does not block, emits poor entropy
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I see that CryptGenRandom() does not appear
to have parameters to detect or control
the quality of entropy.
So possibly the correct solution to this
issue would be to eliminate
and just leave
in place. 'openssl' apparently uses /dev/urandom.
If someone needs to fake /dev/random they
can create a symbolic link for it,
knowing the risks they might be taking.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple