This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: xorg-server package no longer installs start menu icons?
- From: Ryan Johnson <ryan dot johnson at cs dot utoronto dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 11:48:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: xorg-server package no longer installs start menu icons?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5231F39A dot 9040708 at cs dot utoronto dot ca> <523751E3 dot 3070803 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <52378010 dot 2060409 at cs dot utoronto dot ca> <52387022 dot 4000108 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
On 17/09/2013 11:07 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 16/09/2013 23:02, Ryan Johnson wrote:
On 16/09/2013 2:45 PM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 12/09/2013 18:02, Ryan Johnson wrote:
Subject line says it all...
(I thought this came up before but either I remembered wrong or my Google-foo
is weak today).
These start menu links aren't installed by the xorg-server package, but by the
xinit package. WFM.
Ah... that worked. Xinit just didn't install by default when I pulled
This is intended.
To do otherwise would lead to an incorrect, circular dependency. xinit
depends on xorg-server (as you must have a server to start for it to be
useful), but xorg-server does not depend on xinit (as you could start it some
other way, e.g. from the command line)
I guess it would be nice if we had an 'X' virtual package which just depended
on xinit for people who don't read documentation...
Guilty... it's right there on the front page of the cygwin/x web page.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple