This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Tools can't find ncurses
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 17:24:47 -0600
- Subject: Re: Tools can't find ncurses
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130915001548 dot 1868 at binki> <5234D9B5 dot 7070003 at towo dot net>
On 9/14/2013 15:48, Thomas Wolff wrote:
Am 14.09.2013 17:15, schrieb firstname.lastname@example.org:
checking for working ncurses... no
configure: error: Cannot find a curses library. Perhaps you failed to
install an ncurses development package?
You may be able to dig more details out of config.log. It'll be
thousands of lines long, and the error is rarely right at the end. So,
look for something like "-lncurses" or "curses.h". The helpful bits in
that file will be nearby. (And not necessarily *after* the matching line!)
You're looking for the test program source emitted by the configure
script and the errors your compiler gave when trying to compile it.
The files you quoted are the runtime libraries.
Yes, but OP said:
and cygcheck displays:
So, since the development package does seem to be installed, what does
"cygcheck -c libncurses-devel" say?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple