This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygpath -m behaviour change
- From: David Griffiths <david dot griffiths at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 16:55:17 +0100
- Subject: cygpath -m behaviour change
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I reinstalled cygwin after a disk failure recently and one of my
scripts stopped working. The problem can be easily reproduced by
$ cygpath -m boo/..
cygpath: error converting "boo/.." - No such file or directory
this is with version 1.7.24(0.269/5/3). On another machine with 1.7.17
installed, the same command results in "./".
I can workaround by using backslashes instead of forward slashes but
other people might find their scripts broken as well.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple