This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygport-0.14.0-1
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:47:18 -0600
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygport-0.14.0-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 52310A3B dot 3040009 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
On 9/11/2013 18:26, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
the Fedora Cygwin repository.
That's the first I've heard of its existence. (It was apparently first
announced on Cygwin/X, which I don't subscribe to.)
Is there a getting started HOWTO somewhere?
I assume the primary advantage to using it is faster package compiles?
* Creates .tar.xz packages (adds a runtime dep on xz).
The shipping version of setup.exe supports this now?
* Per request, generated packages are now placed solely under the
NAME-VERSION-RELEASE/dist/ hierarchy, and no longer in the "top" directory.
* Consequently, the 'all' command no longer includes 'finish' (now aka
'clean'), as no packages would be left as a result, and 'almostall' is
deprecated, as it is now identical to 'all'.
I'm happy to see both of these changes. Good stuff, Yaakov.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple