This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bug report: 64-bit cygwin setup crashes under Wine
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 15:26:10 -0600
- Subject: Re: bug report: 64-bit cygwin setup crashes under Wine
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACC5Q1eGcbCvqxmik+s_9yQgyT9Bz9gqTE_7dhH7t-FVkM_eXg at mail dot gmail dot com> <0C723FEB5B4E5642B25B451BA57E27303EE006FF at S1P5DAG3C dot EXCHPROD dot USA dot NET>
On 9/4/2013 09:36, Jim Garrison wrote:
Am I missing something, or is there a reason one would want to run a
Linux emulator under a Windows emulator on Linux?
For myself, it is occasionally nice to have a Cygwin sandbox environment
to play with when I'm on one of my Macs, away from a Windows box. Wine
is cheaper than a VM in terms of hardware requirements and licensing.
Unfortunately, Wine is still a bag of fail, so I continue to put up with
the problems of running Windows in a VM.
This bug could well be Wine's, rather than Cygwin's.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple