This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mirror sites/archives - "download incomplete" problem
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 18:20:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: Mirror sites/archives - "download incomplete" problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1378243388 dot 80984 dot YahooMailNeo at web160506 dot mail dot bf1 dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 9/3/2013 5:23 PM, Mark Sheffield wrote:
Is there some likelihood that some of the mirrors have corrupted packages?
Sure, it's possible. Just like it's possible for files to get corrupted
during your download.
Is there a method to determine whether or not any specific download
mirror has received the current build correct and intact?
There's an MD5SUM for the package in setup.ini. You can check that value
against the value you get for the package. That's essentially what
"setup*.exe" does though. It sounds to me like it was reporting that
case to you (i.e. download incomplete).
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple