This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ZSH "Address Space Needed By" problem
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 14:24:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: ZSH "Address Space Needed By" problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAO+e+SpTYEEEd+rn+wsn=mG6dhsLdipEhgJHXO8iVexy6BT1Zg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 9/3/2013 1:43 PM, Chris wrote:
I fired up Cygwin this morning to find that my ZSH is having a problem
starting. I'm getting the following error message anytime I try to
Judging by the fact that your Cygwin package is 8 versions out-of-date,
I'm going to hazard a guess that you have not updated your Cygwin
installation between today and the last time you used it and that
you have rebooted your computer well before this problem appeared.
If my guess on all this is correct, it points to something else on
your system changing in the interim and instigating this complaint.
That "something else" would be BLODA (http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA).
Take a look and see what you can find, keeping in mind that recent installs
of other software may provide a clue.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple