This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Trying to build rxvt on Cygwin64.
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Robert McBroom <mcforum at bellsouth dot net>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 15:40:12 +0400
- Subject: Re: Trying to build rxvt on Cygwin64.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1378095358 dot 59887 dot YahooMailBasic at web181702 dot mail dot ne1 dot yahoo dot com> <112931130 dot 20130902170009 at mtu-net dot ru> <52249BC9 dot 9030705 at bellsouth dot net>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Robert McBroom!
>>> The source tar balls I can find of rxvt are quite old and the config.guess
>>> in the package doesn't recognize a win 7 x64, Cygwin64 system. Any pointers
>>> to getting a x64 rxvt to build?
>> If you're not building it out of pure curiosity, I suggest you state your
>> intentions more clearly.
>> If all you want is a graphical terminal window, look into mintty shipped with
>> modern cygwin installations.
> I'm accustomed to using rxvt. I know how to set all the options that I
> want to use. mintty is to limited and xterm has too much stuff.
mintty is based on the PuTTY source code, is very robust and well-tested.
If you find a feature missing in mintty, you may ask the author to include it,
or to explain it's absence.
Last I checked, rxvt do not have support for UNICODE, aside from one not very
well working hack.
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 03.09.2013, <15:37>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple