This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem installing Cygwin 1.7.25 64 bit on W7 and W8
- From: Robert Pendell <shinji+cygwin at elite-systems dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 14:30:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: Problem installing Cygwin 1.7.25 64 bit on W7 and W8
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52233E61 dot 10407 at arcor dot de> <52234356 dot 4070502 at gmail dot com> <CAKwjivfsXuQ7KnYWEOesoNVHfwZsTo70p2XmoB4w61tEh3g9ag at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Alexey Borzenkov <> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM, nu774 <> wrote:
>> Same experience here.
>> I once pushed "continue" on the "incomplete download" error dialog by
>> mistake, that resulted in uninstalling of the selected packages for updates,
>> including cygwin (except for cygwin1.dll).
> Did the same thing, in my case even cygwin1.dll is gone, previous
> version doesn't install either. Looking into setup.ini from various
> mirrors I can see that all files have size 0. This is also consistent
> with setup.log which has an error like:
> Download .../x86_64/release/cygwin/cygwin-1.7.25-1.tar.bz2 wrong size
> (2708993 actual vs 0 expected)
> Cygwin is currently unusable, so sad...
Which mirror did you try? Did you try another mirror? I just checked
my private mirror and it shows fine.
A perfect world is one of chaos.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple