How do I upgrade Postgres database in Cygwin?

I updated some Cygwin packages and now I can't start Postgres:

    $ /usr/sbin/postmaster
    FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
DETAIL: The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 8.2, which is not compatible with this version 9.2.4.

I tried [pg_upgrade](http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/pgupgrade.html) but you need to specify both the old and new binary. Plus, pg_upgrade says it only works with 8.3.

I thought I could use setup-x86.exe to pick the previous version, which is 8.2.11-1, however when I install that, then I can't start Postgres:

    $ /usr/sbin/postgres.exe
    Bad system call (core dumped)