This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Rcpp installation fails on Cygwin: Rcpp::Timer not supported by your OS.
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: edd at debian dot org
- Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:42:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: Rcpp installation fails on Cygwin: Rcpp::Timer not supported by your OS.
- References: <CAO22HXcS0w2Ke5_1WG+mvmgBamMumRUEu2-FeZ59n+xJ_q9aeA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 2013-07-31 12:37, Enrico Ferrero wrote:
When trying to install your Rcpp R package from CRAN on Cygwin,
compilation aborts with the following error:
Timer.cpp:35:6: error: #error "Rcpp::Timer not supported by your OS."
Such an error means that the code needs to be patched to select (or add)
a code block specific to that platform. A patch for Cygwin can be found
in Ports git:
Specifically for Cygwin, based on my limited understanding of Rcpp, it
would appear that libRcpp.dll (the library, not the Rcpp.dll module)
should be moved to $PATH, and a symlink .dll.a put in its place, for the
benefit of other modules which would use this library. The cygport(5)
found in the aforementioned repo handles that for you.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple