This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygport -8 adds bogus cygwin64-gcc-core to setup.hint requires line
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 08:25:59 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygport -8 adds bogus cygwin64-gcc-core to setup.hint requires line
- References: <51F8A37C dot 4030303 at t-online dot de>
On 2013-07-31 00:41, Christian Franke wrote:
Cygport 0.13.0 (and 0.12.2) adds a bogus "requires: ...
cygwin64-gcc-core ..." to setup.hint when cross-compiling for x86_64.
I suppose it would. The problem here is that the libgcc1 DLL has
different names on each arch due to the added -seh on x86_64.
I'm afraid that under cross-compiling scenarios, dependency detection is
at best a guide; manual editing of the setup.hint requires: will often
Adding libgcc1 to REQUIRES does not help:
[PKG_]REQUIRES only adds to the automatic detection, it doesn't take
anything away from it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple