This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 64-bit Cygwin: OpenGL and piping
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: l dot wood at surrey dot ac dot uk, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 02:46:01 +0400
- Subject: Re: 64-bit Cygwin: OpenGL and piping
- References: <290E20B455C66743BE178C5C84F1240822406074F1 at EXMB01CMS dot surrey dot ac dot uk>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
> We're experiencing problems with the new 64-bit Cygwin with Geomview
> (http://www.geomview.org). OpenGL doesn't appear to function. Piping
> communication from third-party applications fails - though both opengl and
> piping work fine in 32-bit Cygwin and on other 32- and 64-bit platforms.
> Hints appreciated.
> (Instructions for building Geomview and SaVi under 64-bit Geomview are at
> http://sat-net.com/L.Wood/software/SaVi/building-under-Windows/ )
> It would be helpful to indicate on www.cygwin.com that 64-bit is very new, and 32-bit can be regarded as stable...
If you read the latest announce, the 64-bit Cygwin is "...as stable as the 32
bit version" (direct quote from announcement).
Other than that, a simple test case to demonstrate observed issue is always
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 31.07.2013, <02:42>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple