This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Process command lines for Cygwin processes no longer viewable in Windows task manager as of Cygwin 1.7.21
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 13:54:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: Process command lines for Cygwin processes no longer viewable in Windows task manager as of Cygwin 1.7.21
- References: <51F08F9D dot 6020606 at coverity dot com> <20130725082814 dot GA5124 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51F1265B dot 1040704 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm> <20130725181604 dot GA2764 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20130726173845 dot GA6578 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <51F2B8C5 dot 6020402 at coverity dot com> <51F7FD45 dot 4050508 at coverity dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 01:52:05PM -0400, Tom Honermann wrote:
>On 07/26/2013 01:58 PM, Tom Honermann wrote:
>> On 07/26/2013 01:38 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 02:16:04PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 09:21:31AM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>>>>> On 7/25/2013 4:28 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>>>>> On Jul 24 22:38, Tom Honermann wrote:
>>>>>>> My suspicion that this started with 1.7.21 is based on Corinna's
>>>>>>> comments in http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-07/msg00343.html and
>>>>>>> other anecdotal evidence of new problems occurring as of that
>>>>>> This is by design now as described in the aforementioned posting. If
>>>>>> you want to see the command line of a Cygwin application called by
>>>>>> another Cygwin application, see /proc/$pid/cmdline.
>>>>> Would a patch to restore the previous operation based on a $CYGWIN
>>>>> variable setting be acceptable?
>>>> I actually had the same thought and have a patch waiting for Corinna's
>>>> comment sitting in my sandbox.
>>> This is checked in. The CYGWIN environment variable keyword is
>> Thank you, that is much appreciated.
>>> 32 and 64 bit snapshots are uploaded.
>> I'll test (probably 32-bit only) and report if any problems appear.
>Tests passed, changes look good, thanks again.
>The upgrade guide  doesn't list the new keyword. Should I expect it
>to be updated when 1.7.23 is released?
Obviously we're not going to update the web page with a feature that
doesn't work in the current release.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple