This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows 8 Terminal Shortcut Start
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 11:46:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: Windows 8 Terminal Shortcut Start
- References: <51F3EE46 dot 6010806 at gmail dot com> <CAAeCd-M=zxv+sTqB_MZTst-UoPVgbYOuVhBqTH4fCF6bVi5K-g at mail dot gmail dot com> <51F69CFD dot 5040803 at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 7/29/2013 12:49 PM, Eliot Moss wrote:
On 7/28/2013 10:45 AM, Robert Pendell wrote:
On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Sander Torfs <> wrote:
Do this. Right click the icon, choose open file location, delete the
file from there.
I assume that's what you wanted and not just to unpin it from the start
Really though. This isn't a Cygwin issue. It's more a Windows 8
issue and there are plenty of forums for that.
I think the original poster may want to remove all of cygwin,
not just the start menu icon, and was surprised that there
appears to be no uninstall script.
However, if I am wrong, that does sound like good advice as to
how to remove the start menu icon.
And if you're not wrong:
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple