This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 64-bit Cygwin: OpenGL and piping
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: L dot Wood at surrey dot ac dot uk
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:17:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: 64-bit Cygwin: OpenGL and piping
- References: <290E20B455C66743BE178C5C84F1240822406074F1 at EXMB01CMS dot surrey dot ac dot uk>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 30/07/2013 12:02, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> We're experiencing problems with the new 64-bit Cygwin with Geomview
> (http://www.geomview.org). OpenGL doesn't appear to function.
per the announce mail , GLX support is disabled on cygwin64 as it crashes.
It will be turned on once we work out how to stop it doing that :)
> Piping communication from third-party applications fails - though both
> opengl and piping work fine in 32-bit Cygwin and on other 32- and 64-bit
Can you give a simple example of this failure, please?
> It would be helpful to indicate on www.cygwin.com that 64-bit is very new,
> and 32-bit can be regarded as stable...
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple