This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows 8 Terminal Shortcut Start
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 12:49:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: Windows 8 Terminal Shortcut Start
- References: <51F3EE46 dot 6010806 at gmail dot com> <CAAeCd-M=zxv+sTqB_MZTst-UoPVgbYOuVhBqTH4fCF6bVi5K-g at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
On 7/28/2013 10:45 AM, Robert Pendell wrote:
On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Sander Torfs <> wrote:
Do this. Right click the icon, choose open file location, delete the
file from there.
I assume that's what you wanted and not just to unpin it from the start screen.
Really though. This isn't a Cygwin issue. It's more a Windows 8
issue and there are plenty of forums for that.
I think the original poster may want to remove all of cygwin,
not just the start menu icon, and was surprised that there
appears to be no uninstall script.
However, if I am wrong, that does sound like good advice as to
how to remove the start menu icon.
Regards -- Eliot Moss
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple