This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: BLODA extension: console interoperability
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 05:44:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: BLODA extension: console interoperability
- References: <51F1A863 dot 8060403 at etr-usa dot com> <51F1AF90 dot 3080409 at cygwin dot com> <51F1F7B4 dot 4060202 at etr-usa dot com>
On 26 July 2013 05:14, Warren Young wrote:
> On 7/25/2013 17:06, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>> I might personally prefer to describe and list them differently.
> Well with
I don't think that's fair, since such apps were designed for the
Windows console, without being aware of Cygwin's pipe-based ptys. And
unfortunately that list would be very long anyway: basically anything
interactive that hasn't been explicitly adapted to Cygwin ptys, for
example by disabling buffering and not relying on the console's
Speaking of which: somebody on the mintty mailing list would like to
make a Windows program Cygwin-aware by detecting whether it's running
in a Cygwin terminal (as opposed to having its input or output
redirected to plain pipes). Does anyone know a way to do this?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple