This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Rxvt font cycling without numpad
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 08:59:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: Rxvt font cycling without numpad
- References: <CAKib_wJAqbVLpqx-OQdu=0=Gtt0A6cUzS93zjxancxu-vzLiHg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 7/23/2013 8:46 PM, Josh Litherland wrote:
How can I cycle through my fonts in rxvt (non-X11 version) if I don't
have a numeric keypad? The manpage mentions bigfont_key and
smallfont_key "if enabled", but I haven't been successful getting them
to do anything. Perhaps I need to recompile rxvt and enable that
The current rxvt is compiled with
Now, bigfont_key and smallfont_key are available only #if
defined(HOTKEY_CTRL) || defined(HOTKEY_META) -- and in rxvt, not
everything is controlled via configure options. Some things you have to
manipulate by editing feature.h before compiling. This is one of those:
* Choose one of these values to be the `hotkey' for changing font.
* This has been superceded and is only for you older users
/* #define HOTKEY_CTRL */
/* #define HOTKEY_META */
If you uncomment one of those two defines and recompile, then you should
be able to add something to your ~/.Xdefaults like:
so that ALT-leftarrow and ALT-rightarrow do what you want. (The default,
without those .Xdefaults entries, is ALT-> and ALT-< -- but it only
works if you recompile with HOTKEY_META undefined.
If you define HOTKEY_CTRL, then all hotkeys for font changing would be
CTRL-whatever instead of ALT-whatever.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple