This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Regression with 1.7.20-1
- From: Patrick Jane <brentboyer at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 21:33:05 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Regression with 1.7.20-1
- References: <CAAXzdLVScinNz+YE9+yJ+Pt1hPngBscpwY0eRF==gu8wzyeRnA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAEhDDbBBkwd_5VuU5T72=L3wzDJYoGEorPeucVOrbYuvpZUcJw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAXzdLWw5JPZ8ohs5e6kZiGz9xKM4uKjV4zoN7b5Gg-3wkyW6Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130610085849 dot GC28431 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <loom dot 20130711T165420-963 at post dot gmane dot org> <20130711172026 dot GB7515 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> There is no reason to be nervous about installing snapshots if you think
> a new release will solve a problem. A snapshot potentially always
> equals a new release. Snapshots never break things so severely that you
> can't recover by just reinstalling cygwin.
I checked out the FAQ on snapshot installation
and it looks to be enough pain that I want to stick with setup.exe, if at
all possible. (I custom install several extra packages beyond the base
installation, but don't want to install all, and I really like how setup.exe
has memory of that.)
> And, yes, you should follow cygwin or cygwin-announce for update
1.7.21 came out last week
but I do not see a ctrl-c fix in it.
Even better, 1.7.22 just came out yesterday
and I see this tantalizing bug fix:
- Fix issue with raise() not causing the process to exit with a signal
status. Also only set "dumped core" flag when it's a "kernel" signal.
That sounds a lot like a fix for the Ctrl-C bug discussed here.
I will gladly install 1.7.22 (heck, I will likely deinstall everything and
try the 64 bit version) to check out if it fixes the bug if there is an easy
way that I can go back to 1.7.18 using setup.exe.
I am having a bit of a hard time, however, finding a mirror that has 1.7.18
and which works with setup.exe. Some candidate I tried:
Unfortunately, every time I try to run setup.exe and add one of the above
mirrors I get an error message saying something about "Unable to get setup.ini".
If anyone else has seen 1.7.22 fix their Ctrl-C bug, I will take your word
for it and try 1.7.22 myself.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple