This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 64-bit gcc-4.8.1 package installs source instead
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 10:59:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: 64-bit gcc-4.8.1 package installs source instead
- References: <51EEF4F1 dot 20006 at cs dot utoronto dot ca> <51EDA65A dot 4070002 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51EEF9D8 dot 6060907 at cs dot utoronto dot ca> <20130723072212 dot GC9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51EE3CBB dot 3010005 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jul 23 03:20, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2013-07-23 02:22, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Jul 23 17:47, Ryan Johnson wrote:
> >>On 07/22/2013 05:38 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> >>>gcc is only a source-only meta-package; you want to install
> >>>gcc-core, gcc-g++, etc.
> >>Oh, that's a little different than (a) the name suggests and (b)
> >>historical precedent, which IIRC had "gcc" as a meta package that
> >>pulled in all the other gcc-related stuff you'd need.
> >>Anyway, thanks for the tip, I'll try that.
> >Shouldn't we introduce an empty gcc binary archive for just this
> This is one case where IMO genini is better than upset:
> genini-generated setup.ini's don't list source-only packages in
> setup's package selector, while still being available through the
> "Src" option of any of its subpackages. Could upset be changed to
> match, which would avoid this problem for *all* source-only
I guess so, but this is one for Chris.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple