This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 64-bit gcc-4.8.1 package installs source instead
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 09:22:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: 64-bit gcc-4.8.1 package installs source instead
- References: <51EEF4F1 dot 20006 at cs dot utoronto dot ca> <51EDA65A dot 4070002 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51EEF9D8 dot 6060907 at cs dot utoronto dot ca>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jul 23 17:47, Ryan Johnson wrote:
> On 07/22/2013 05:38 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> >On 2013-07-23 16:26, Ryan Johnson wrote:
> >>If I select the gcc-4.8.1-1 package from setup-64, it downloads and
> >>installs the gcc-4.8.1-src package
> >gcc is only a source-only meta-package; you want to install
> >gcc-core, gcc-g++, etc.
> Oh, that's a little different than (a) the name suggests and (b)
> historical precedent, which IIRC had "gcc" as a meta package that
> pulled in all the other gcc-related stuff you'd need.
> Anyway, thanks for the tip, I'll try that.
Shouldn't we introduce an empty gcc binary archive for just this
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple