This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup-x86_64: postinstall errors: Package bash 1, Package a2ps 2 and xinit 134
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 09:21:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: setup-x86_64: postinstall errors: Package bash 1, Package a2ps 2 and xinit 134
- References: <CADex0xx+uY6Y8ngZ3tUsYr+KPi0t0+H+H7X-civ-iq0diuJfZw at mail dot gmail dot com> <51EE0951 dot 90007 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jul 22 23:40, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2013-07-22 19:52, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
> >Postinstall errors:
> Thanks for the feedback; remarks inline.
> >Package: bash
> > bash.sh exit code 1
> I think the problem is that virtual /dev is a read-only filesystem,
> but if you make a real /dev directory; then you can write to it.
> Could you run 'mkdir -p /dev' (without the quotes) and then try
> rerunning setup-x86_64.exe? I suspect this will work then.
The base-cygwin script usually creates the /dev dir. Do we have
a dependency loop which let bash.sh run before base-cygwin?
> FWIW, I wonder why this entire script isn't handled by base-files.
> >Package: a2ps
> > a2ps.sh exit code 2
> This is due to a missing papersize(5) file. I'm working on a fix,
> but a workaround is to run the following command, then rerun
> echo letter > /etc/papersize
I'd prefer `echo a4 > /etc/papersize' ;)
> >Package: xinit
> > xinit.sh exit code 134
> This is from a SIGABRT in mkshortcut. Chuck?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple