This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup-x86_64: postinstall errors: Package bash 1, Package a2ps 2 and xinit 134
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 23:40:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: setup-x86_64: postinstall errors: Package bash 1, Package a2ps 2 and xinit 134
- References: <CADex0xx+uY6Y8ngZ3tUsYr+KPi0t0+H+H7X-civ-iq0diuJfZw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 2013-07-22 19:52, Kenneth Wolcott wrote:
Thanks for the feedback; remarks inline.
bash.sh exit code 1
I think the problem is that virtual /dev is a read-only filesystem, but
if you make a real /dev directory; then you can write to it. Could you
run 'mkdir -p /dev' (without the quotes) and then try rerunning
setup-x86_64.exe? I suspect this will work then.
FWIW, I wonder why this entire script isn't handled by base-files.
a2ps.sh exit code 2
This is due to a missing papersize(5) file. I'm working on a fix, but a
workaround is to run the following command, then rerun setup-x86_64.exe:
echo letter > /etc/papersize
xinit.sh exit code 134
This is from a SIGABRT in mkshortcut. Chuck?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple