This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 64-bit gcc-4.8.1 package installs source instead
- From: Ryan Johnson <ryan dot johnson at cs dot utoronto dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 17:47:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: 64-bit gcc-4.8.1 package installs source instead
- References: <51EEF4F1 dot 20006 at cs dot utoronto dot ca> <51EDA65A dot 4070002 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
On 07/22/2013 05:38 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
Oh, that's a little different than (a) the name suggests and (b)
historical precedent, which IIRC had "gcc" as a meta package that pulled
in all the other gcc-related stuff you'd need.
On 2013-07-23 16:26, Ryan Johnson wrote:
If I select the gcc-4.8.1-1 package from setup-64, it downloads and
installs the gcc-4.8.1-src package
gcc is only a source-only meta-package; you want to install gcc-core,
Anyway, thanks for the tip, I'll try that.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple