This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 64-bit setup: not a valid win32 application
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 15:28:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: 64-bit setup: not a valid win32 application
- References: <51EED53B dot 3050909 at cs dot utoronto dot ca> <CAPbcu1MkkJ96Fo5Yk1oeDJMOHTb3+HA-cJT_xc7visf9X+5r_g at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 12:19:18PM -0700, Darik Horn wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Ryan Johnson
>> I tried to install 64-bit cygwin today, but I keep encountering the error
>> message "setup-x86_64.exe is not a valid Win32 application."
>I had the same problem today on Windows 8. The solution was to
>download the 64-bit setup program from a mirror instead of the
>cygwin.com site. Try here:
DO NOT USE THIS SETUP. It is an old version from the 64-bit beta testing
days. The setup.ini associated with it has not been updated for a while.
I've removed it from sourceware so it will soon be gone from the mirrors.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple