This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
How I mirrored my 32-bit version of cygwin to 64-bit
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 12:08:09 -0400
- Subject: How I mirrored my 32-bit version of cygwin to 64-bit
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I wanted to have roughly the same packages available in my 64-bit
version of Cygwin as for my 32-bit version so, this is what I did:
1) Decide that the root of the 64-bit version would be c:\cygwin64.
2) mkdir -p /cygdrive/c/cygwin64/etc
3) sed 's/-[0-9][0-9.a-z]*-[0-9]*.tar.bz2/-0.0.0-0.tar.bz2/g' /etc/setup/installed.db > /cygdrive/c/cygwin64/etc/installed.db
4) Download http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
5) Run setup-x86_64.exe, choose root/mirror, and then just hit Next
until the installation is complete.
You will, of course, after this, still have to set up services and
perform any other customizations that you did for your 32-bit
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple