This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [PATCH] Fix optional variables in libargp
- From: Pavel Fedin <p dot fedin at samsung dot com>
- To: 'Andrew Schulman' <schulman dot andrew at epamail dot epa dot gov>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:32:11 +0400
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] Fix optional variables in libargp
- References: <000001ce7e08$2b866830$82933890$%fedin at samsung dot com> <u4ett8due4p6h9ku1iumscvulp0g688tgk at 4ax dot com> <4q4ut8had25hqmo8b0752i8asuv6ism2qh at 4ax dot com> <002901ce7f0a$9da99420$d8fcbc60$%fedin at samsung dot com> <tq50u89pa1s7us0cff5rnu8k5ocumac510 at 4ax dot com> <002601ce82b7$63229580$2967c080$%fedin at samsung dot com> <oksou81bta580gufa1d28k45c1ismdn2o3 at 4ax dot com>
I have successfully tested it on i386. Really, just remove PREFIX
completely and it's okay. GetProcAddress() appears to be "clever" and adds
the leading underscope by itself on i386. I don't know what you did wrong
and why you could not reproduce the solution.
However, i have one idea. After patching libargp you need to recompile your
test case. Because it needs to pick up __declspec(dllexport).
> Fedin, thanks for sending this. I've tested it for x86_64, and it
> works there. However in x86, in my testing I can't get it to work. I
> tried removing the PREFIX function, and after that it did work once,
> but I've tried it again several times and now I can't reproduce that.
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple